[LargeFormat] Super Chromega F Dichroic II - Kamm chassis

Wilkes, Don MSER:EX largeformat@f32.net
Fri Feb 28 14:32:01 2003

> You would like the desk. It is a Durst desk with two paper rolls
> inside it and a load of keys and basic digital interface.

Whoa!  A Durst desk??  It just gets better and better...

> well made and probably horrifically expensive when new.

If it's the same build quality as their LF enlargers, I'm sure it was :}

> nowhere to put it and little use for it as I just can't imagine
> producing print runs from any of the enlargers, either now or in the

A pity -- it sounds like such a wonderful thing.  Are you *sure* you don't
need a new house?  Maybe you could just raze the garage, and replace it with
a purpose-built darkroom/studio building...something with 15' ceilings, and
a *very* sturdy foundation.  You could use the Durst-desk as a very funky
desk-desk in the lobby :}

> the vertical boards that sit behind it :-)

Hmm?  I don't follow, Clive

>There is a real grin factor involved when using any of the controls.

Absolutely!  Even my buddies who have no darkroom experience love the feel
of the knobs; there's something quintessentially appealing about a
well-crafted tool, at least to guys....

> As for time -
> there seems to be less and less available as the years pass.

I recently heard about a study done on just that: the change in time
perception as we age.  It seems that by the time we're forty, time seems to
rip by at something like 1.2 to 1.4 (I've forgotten the exact figure) times
as fast as we did when we were twenty.  Jeeze, I gotta retire *now*, before
it's too late!

Cheers,
\donw