[LargeFormat] Super Chromega F Dichroic II - Kamm chassis

Wilkes, Don MSER:EX largeformat@f32.net
Fri Feb 28 12:00:56 2003

> I have until tomorrow to decide whether I want the paper roll
> machine and  desk that also go with the 8x10 enlarger.

An enlarger that comes with a *desk*???  One can only blink vacantly, in
stunned contemplation...

> The paper machine is full - we don't  know what the
> paper is though and it feels around the same weight as the enlarger.

Good lord.  Have you had an engineer around to check out the house's support
beams?  With a couple of 138s, adn this beast's complement of toys, the
stress on the floor must be considerably more than would be caused by the
average lounge suite, one would think.

I just had this vivid fantasy of finding such a paper roll machine, and
discovering that it was loaded with Agfa Brovira...  Damn -- doesn't look
like I'll get much useful work done today, with that sort of thought
rattling about in my head.

> How are you getting on with the Durst?

Very, very well.  I love this exquisite machine, and wish I had more time to
make negatives for it.  Oh, if only I had it back in the '70s, when I was a
young bachelor completely obsessed with photography, and nothing else to
chew up my time...

Do you have photos of the new toy up on f32?

Cheers,
\donw