[LargeFormat] Super Chromega F Dichroic II - Kamm chassis

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Thu Feb 27 19:08:56 2003

At 15:28 27/02/2003 -0800, Wilkes, Don MSER:EX wrote:
> > chassis is about
> > 9 feet high. It took three of us and a sack trolley to move
> > it after the
> > head, baseboard and anything that would unbolt had been removed.
>
>Egads -- something more 'manly' than a Durst 138!
>
>\donw

Don,

Heh, heh, heh....... now that made me chuckle......   It makes the 138 look
like focus finder :-)

I have until tomorrow to decide whether I want the paper roll machine and
desk that also go with the 8x10 enlarger. It's a good thing that this house
doesn't have a cellar! The paper machine is full - we don't know what the
paper is though and it feels around the same weight as the enlarger.

It was explained to me that the two gizmos would be ideal for print
consistency across batch runs. Clearly I have to find a larger house as
more of this gear becomes available......... Yes sir, we can print twenty
5ft by 6ft prints in our one hour processing special from your 8x10 negs
and have the same lack of detail in the sky in all of them ;-)

An additional piece of kit thrown in was a double water filter - which will
be put to good use in the archival washing of film and prints.

How are you getting on with the Durst?