[LargeFormat] DIY Focusing Cloth and Blankies

Verna Knapp largeformat@f32.net
Wed Feb 19 23:43:00 2003

I have a BTZS cloth, and don't like it. I am of the female persuasion,
and have long hair, which I can braid or pin up when I'm working the
camera. The velcro on the cloth catches my hair and pulls it loose, and
then it flies in my face in the wind. If they had used a hook and eye
system, or perhaps snaps, rather than velcro, it would be a nice system.
That is why I switched to a cheap dark towel, which I like much better.
I also have a groundcloth that happens to be black and is for the
purpose of keeping the photographer dry when lying on damp ground, and I
use it for a dark cloth as well. It is a little slick, though. Slides
off more easily than I really like. Still, the dual purpose aspect is nice.

Verna

--
"Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a
wonderful stroke of luck.