[LargeFormat] RE: RDS Laboratory Rods

Vincent Dobson largeformat@f32.net
Wed Feb 19 21:03:36 2003

OoopS,

Sorry - I get both list LF and Alt - don't know how to make them go into
separate boxes with Outlook - I thought I was posting there.

Vince Dobson
Visions In Nature
www.VisionsInNature.com

-----Original Message-----
From: largeformat-admin@f32.net [mailto:largeformat-admin@f32.net]On
Behalf Of Richard Knoppow
Sent: Wednesday, February 19, 2003 5:34 PM
To: largeformat@f32.net
Subject: Re: [LargeFormat] RE: RDS Laboratory Rods

----- Original Message -----
From: "Vincent Dobson" <manitec@bellsouth.net>
To: <largeformat@f32.net>
Sent: Wednesday, February 19, 2003 8:08 AM
Subject: [LargeFormat] RE: RDS Laboratory Rods

> Folks,
>
> After lurking (mostly) for a while, I've determined to try
different
> Alt-Photo disciplines - probably salted albumen, van dyke
Brown, Kallitype
> and someday Palladium/Platinum.
>
> In checking with RD Specialties. I find they have a
starter set of 5 rods -
> I've asked them what sizes are in that set - they make
from  no. 3 to 75.

> What sizes do I need for proper coating?  Thought it wise
to ask before
> buying.  A full set of every one of their size rods cost
$230. -- need to
> avoid that for sure.
>
> thanks,
>

> Vince Dobson
> Visions In Nature
> www.VisionsInNature.com

  You might want to post this question to the Alternative
Processes list. Someone there will have either used or know
about this thing.
  There is an archive at:
http://www.usask.ca/lists/alt-photo-process

 I beleive it also has subscription instructions or a
pointer to them. If you are platinum printing you will find
this list interesting and valuable. It will put you into
contact with a great many platinum printers.
---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@ix.netcom.com