[LargeFormat] DIY Focusing Cloth and Blankies

Les Newcomer largeformat@f32.net
Wed Feb 19 20:12:01 2003

On Wednesday, February 19, 2003, at 02:46 PM, Richard Knoppow wrote:

>   I think you can make a servicable dark cloth of Serge, a
> tightly woven cloth. It should be available at any fabric
> store.
>  Also applies to plumbing
> parts, which tend to have names like a No.3 Tapered Throat
> McGillicudy Valve for a Sloan Type-B Upright Pillbox
> Watercloset (of which you have the only remaining example,
> and it leaks). Photography is just as bad.

I just had to adapt a 1922 two piece toilet to a 1901 house in 2003.
I still have wet dreams...er nightmares about that job!
the proper name was "bung plug"& "bung hole plug gasket"

Oh and I used a Pre-Ann Speed graphic to document the job, and keep things