[LargeFormat] Polaroid back light leak

Richard Knoppow largeformat@f32.net
Wed Feb 12 18:42:39 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lloyd Schultz" <lschultz2@nconnect.net>
To: <largeformat@f32.net>
Sent: Wednesday, February 12, 2003 3:28 PM
Subject: Re: [LargeFormat] Polaroid back light leak

> It is a regular 545, (the kind I can disassemble and put
back together
> without any parts breaking) and I still can't figure out
what is protruding.
> It appears to be flat on the back, but something must be
pushing something
> else open.
>
> Thanks for the input, and I'll remember that the 545i has
some clearance
> problems, too.
>
> Best,
> Lloyd
> Lschultz2@nconnect.net

  Try taking off the lens board and looking into the camera
with the adaptor in place. Shine a strong light around the
edges to find where it is open and what is lifting it.
  I've had problems with Polaroid holders in some old
cameras where the "ears" on the spring back stuck out too
far to allow the holder to be completely inserted. The
locking ridge on the holder doesn't go in far enought to
mate with the goove on the camera back, holding it away.
This can result in light leaks and unexplained out of focus
images.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA