[LargeFormat] ATL was: Tetenol Revisited

rstein largeformat@f32.net
Sun Feb 9 07:16:25 2003

Dear Huib,

     I was not offended at all - I just assumed you were from New Zealand.
As it turns out you are from Old Zeeland and of course we must make
allowances for the Dutch.

     Your allowance for this week is 3 Guilders and a herring. If you want
you can have 2 Guilders, a herring, and your change in cheese, but you will
have to clean up your room.

    The ATL saga will continue. As others have noticed, I live in Australia
and everything costs more to send here - thus overseas shopping must be done
with circumspection. Books are generally alright but larger bits that have
to be shipped with soft packaging around them can cost much more to move
than to purchase.

    This has the effect of keeping the prices of equipment high here on our
local secondhand market - items change hands less frequently than they did
before - and it is getting increasingly difficult to sneak up on people at
the camera club and cold-cock them with a monopod and steal their stuff.

    On the other hand we occupy much the same position in relation to the
equipment chain as the grease trap in a Turkish restaurant. We wait long
enough and EVERYthing that ever was made will show up in the local
secondhand store. I know. That is where I met my 19th wife.

    Uncle Dick