[LargeFormat] Re:Ebay

Bob Freed largeformat@f32.net
Sat Feb 8 17:46:39 2003

Half of my darkroom came from Ebay.  Like you I am a sniper.  I'll make
the initial bid just to hold the auction.  If no one bids the person
who has the item up for auction can cancel the auction.  Once a bid is
placed the auction can't be canceled.  I use a Mac program called
Preaco that is a very excellent program for sniping and auction
management.

What truly amazes me about early bidders who us Ebay auto bid feature
is when the auto bidder drives the price up past retail.  More than
once I've seen people pay more for a used item then if they had ordered
it new from B&H.

my 2 cents worth.

bobf