[LargeFormat] Input on buying an 8x10 enlarger

tripspud largeformat@f32.net
Mon Feb 3 16:00:32 2003

Hi Lauvone,

       When I had my 8x10 I only made contact prints.  I've setup for 5x7
now with an old Elwood.  If you were somehow able to compare a 5x7
enlargement to 20x24 with an 8x10 enlargement to the same, I seriously
doubt you would be able to perceive any difference and the field equipment
weight difference between 5x7 and 8x10 is significent considering film
holders.
The 5x7 enlarger requires no special gymnastics make room in the darkroom.

     One big plus for the 8x10:  enlarged contact sheets from entire rolls.

Cheers,

Rich Lahrson
Berkeley, California
tripspud@transbay.net