[LargeFormat] For folks in the American southwest

David largeformat@f32.net
Mon Feb 3 15:03:44 2003

March/April is good too.  The weather will be more
unsettled then...  There is about a 50/50 chance that
you would have wind/rain/snow at higher elev's.  It
get's very cold at night ~-5 to 5C.  On the positive
side, the weather will make the skies more
interesting.

Last year in Mid-April, I did a 4-day bicycle tour on
the White Rim trail.  We had 1 day of rain and that
evening I stood on the White Crack, overlooking the
Maze and Needles area of Canyonlands N.P.  As the sun
set, it lit up the canyons and the bottoms of the
clouds in an array of colors like I've never seen
before.  It was a truly spiritual experience that
cannot be described.  Needless to say, the camera was
not set up so I just stood there and enjoyed it with
my wife and friends.

David