[LargeFormat] For folks in the American southwest

Arie largeformat@f32.net
Sat Feb 1 20:27:08 2003

Clive Warren wrote:
The heat was unbelievable towards the end of May and without a good supply
of water a flat could kill you.

When I lived in Arizona there was always one or two 5 gallon jugs of water
in the trunk of my car.  If your not used to the heat and what it can do to
you (warning signs) it will kill you.  With that said, don't let the heat
deter you from going out into the desert, it is beautiful.  On the other
hand I also did things out in the desert that should have killed me, such as
taking a 600 pound touring motorcycle down roads that even the biggest 4x4
would think twice about.  My wife just went by muttering something about
insurance money and don't I want to go back for a visit....
Arie