[LargeFormat] Small Brass Screws - Suppliers?

Richard Knoppow largeformat@f32.net
Sun Jan 26 21:44:01 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Clive Warren" <Clive.Warren@megacycle.co.uk>
To: <largeformat@f32.net>
Sent: Sunday, January 26, 2003 5:45 PM
Subject: [LargeFormat] Small Brass Screws - Suppliers?

> Am still looking for a supplier of small brass screws
round head and
> countersunk - nickel plated would be a real bonus!  There
seem to be a
> number of old wooden cameras around here that are in need
of some fettling,
> together with some lens boards that need finishing. I used
to make all my
> nuts and bolts out of stainless steel for various hybrid
motorcycle builds
> -  trying to make fiddly little tapered wood screws on my
old South Bend
> lathe is not the way forwards.
>
> Any help in identifying suppliers - US or UK/Europe would
be
> appreciated.  Now I may have asked this question before
but as I still
> haven't managed to find any of these little screws......
>
> Cheers,
>             Clive

  I've had fair luck finding miniature hardware in hobby
shops specializing in model railroads.  I've been able to
find both wood and machine hardware.
  The little bags the screws are in are marked as follows:
VSI Fasteners Inc, Stanton CA 90680
Regal Fasteners, Los Angeles, CA 91331
Walthers Inc., 5601 Florist Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53281
  I don't know if these are manufacturers or distributors.
Some of the packages are marked Japan and some Tiwan.
  Small Parts Inc also has a selection of miniature
hardware. They have a web site but I don't have it
bookmarked on this computer.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA