[LargeFormat] Introductions, Readyload in UK

Mike Finley largeformat@f32.net
Wed Jan 22 05:46:00 2003

Thanks; I didn't realise that there was a discount for subscribers to this
list. I'd looked through the Silverprint catalogue and not found anything.
I've now checked on the Silverprint website and they only list one film in
quickload - Fuji Tungsten balanced transparency. Although it probably wasn't
clear from my original email, I'm looking for monochrome negative film.

Also not clear was the query on depth of field. I'll rewrite that to explain
exactly what I meant.

thanks,
mike

-----Original Message-----
From: largeformat-admin@f32.net [mailto:largeformat-admin@f32.net]On
Behalf Of john frost
Sent: 22 January 2003 02:56
To: largeformat@f32.net
Subject: Re: [LargeFormat] Introductions, Readyload in UK

check with

http://www.silverprint.co.uk/

and mention your with the f32.net group. Take the discount.

and about
"It seems to me that I get better depth of field when using the smaller
image
sizes of roll film; is this real, or does this get lost in increasing
the
magnification in enlarging."

This issue deals with the final print size (handily called the Effective
Focal Length, or EFL). The end magnification deals with the size of the
circle of confusion on the negative. If the image is enlarged 'x' times
from the small film, then the image could be enlarged an equal number of
time from the larger film, given the same f-stop.

Ole will correct me if I am wrong (altho, Robert or Clive may step in,
as well). (:>))

john (:>)) I think I said what i think I meant