[LargeFormat] Introductions

Ole Tjugen largeformat@f32.net
Sun Jan 19 15:10:41 2003

My turn already?

Like many other members, it seems I spend more time aquiring gear than taking photos. I hope it's just a seasonal thing, and that the return
of daylight will get me out and about. While we don't have midday dark (the complement to midnight sun) in Bergen, Norway, it's certainly a
lot darker in winter. Besides, it is cold, wet and windy...

My current gear consists of a Linhof Color 4x5" and a Linhof Technika 5x7". There's another camera on its way from the UK; an old
Voightländer 9x12cm plate camera...

Lenses (so far) are Schneider Angulon f:6.8 90mm and 120mm, Xenar f:4.5 210mm and 300mm, Symmar f:5.6/12 150/265mm, Tele-Xenar
f:5.5 360mm, and a Voightländer Apo-Lanthar f:4,5 150mm. Another lens on the way from Germany; a 121mm Super Angulon...

I use B&W about 90% of the time, the rest is an equal split between slides and negatives. My darkroom is slowly getting back in order, so I
will soon be printing again. My previous darkroom was MF only, but I cant rig up and down a Durst 138S in the kitchen every time I want do
do something! Neither my wife or my back would stand for that.

My favourite locations are all around me - I firmly believe that I live in the most photogenic country in the world!

Ole Tjugen