[LargeFormat] Introductions

Dan Andrews largeformat@f32.net
Sun Jan 19 15:02:05 2003

Clive etc.,

Greetings from the Middle East.  I'm an amateur photographer living in
Cairo (my 'real' job is a teacher).  Six years here has given me plenty
of subjects to shoot, and I travel somewhere at least five times a
year--sometimes more.

I got my first LF camera a few months ago to satisfy my need for greater
creative control, and to slow me down.  I picked up a cheap Toyo 4x5 and
a Nikkor-W 105 along with a Quickload film holder.  The rest of the
stuff I needed (shutter release, tripod) I already had, though I could
use a heavier tripod sometimes.  So far, I only shoot color, but that
will change with time.

I haven't shot much that I feel merits a scan and post yet--my website
is limited to 35mm stuff only.  Even then, it is terribly overdue for an
update.  While I enjoy shooting 35mm, the prospect of blasting away at
3.5 frames per second doesn't always lead to deliberate creativity.  MF
gear, while interesting, was hard for me to justify financially, so I
jumped into LF.

Ma'salaama,

Dan

*                  Dan Andrews                   *
*             Cairo American College             *
*     High School Social Studies Department      *
*        Home email:  danger@mindless.com        *
*       Work email:  dandrews@cacegypt.org       *
*               Visit my website:                *
*        http://www.danandrewsimages.com/        *