[LargeFormat] Useful uses of lasers.

Wilkes, Don MSER:EX largeformat@f32.net
Fri Jan 10 14:38:06 2003

> On a more useful use of lasers, has anyone tried using them
> to shoot on holigram film?

As I recall, there's nothing particular about the type of film one uses for
making holograms (although some extra red sensitivity might be handy).  What
you do need, I think, is a high-quality beamsplitter and some front-surface
mirrors.  Note that you don't need a camera, although you'll need some
lenses to spread the laser beam.

Hang on a sec', while I do some quick rummaging on the net...

Here: http://come.to/makeholograms

This should show the basics better than I could describe it!

Cheers,
\donw

P.S.  This just reminded me that I have some old (mid-70s?) science annuals
with some transmission holograms in them.  I've goota try viewing them with
that little laser pointer someone gave me not long ago!