[LargeFormat] WWII signal Corp newsgroups

Richard Knoppow largeformat@f32.net
Tue Dec 31 20:16:32 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob" <bobaxe@sbtek.net>
To: <largeformat@f32.net>
Sent: Tuesday, December 31, 2002 5:05 PM
Subject: Re: [LargeFormat] WWII signal Corp newsgroups

> Hi all
> I have a Koni Omega medium format camera here. I heard it
was used and
> actually designed for either WW2 or the Korean war or
both. I found this
> link just now in the search engines.
> http://www.peterlanczak.de/koni_overview.htm
> Bye
> Bob

  The Omega camera was originally made by Simmon Brothers
who make Omega enlargers. They came out in the mid to late
1950's. Possibly early enough to have been used in Korea but
not during WW-2. I don't know when the design was aquired by
Koni. The camera came out about the time that press
photographers were switching from 4x5 Speed Graphics to
smaller formats but it was never very popular.

---
Richard Knoppow
Los Angeles, CA, USA
dickburk@ix.netcom.com