[LargeFormat] WWII signal Corp newsgroups

Richard Knoppow largeformat@f32.net
Tue Dec 31 20:10:12 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Les Newcomer" <lnphoto@twmi.rr.com>
To: <largeformat@f32.net>
Sent: Tuesday, December 31, 2002 12:06 PM
Subject: [LargeFormat] WWII signal Corp newsgroups

> Most everybody knows that 90% of WWII was shot... er taken
with Speed
> Graphic cameras.
> I'm trying to find out more about the military versions of
the cameras,
> what differences there were, when model names changed, and
perhaps a
> theory as to why.
>
> Is there anybody on this list that also knows of a similar
list dealing
> with WWII/Korean war reinactment groups?  I'm thinking the
people that
> want to be a signal corp photographer today will know more
about the
> differences between a KE-12 and a PH-47-J than most.
>

> Les

  For military designators see:
http://pages.cthome.net/fwc/PHOTO.HTM

  The only specific referals from Google were to Robert
Monaghan's medium format page. The site has moved; I can't
find anything about the KE-12 there but you might find it
worth searching more thoroughly.
http://medfmt.8k.com/mf/index.html

---
Richard Knoppow