[LargeFormat] The Nanson Matter

rstein largeformat@f32.net
Sun Dec 29 09:02:12 2002

Dear Brock,

     Ah, you have met Big Kev, I see. He seems to have been unusually
intellectual for you. I wonder if his stint as Emeritus Professor of
Linguistics at Queensland University and Freezer Works did it?

    Now, to soothe the inflamed sensibilities of the English and South
Canadians - we really do aspire to better here in West Australia. As I
removed the Redback spider from inside my T-shirt this afternoon - cleaning
out the studio shed - I quoted many famous phrases and sayings common in the
religious and gynacological spheres. These phrases are generally attributed
to the Anglo-Saxons, though I doubt it - many of them are long and complex
words.

    For those of you unfamiliar with the Redback, it is a larger and
crabbier version of the Black Widow with a bright red streak down the back.
They make very poor webs - I daresay anything that bites that good does not
need to learn how to knit - and tend to like workshops, old cars, and toilet
seats. I long to see the Crocodile Hunter juggling a brace of them.

    Their one failing is slowness. You can squash them with a clawhammer
before they escape.

    Uncle Dick