[LargeFormat] Ultragon 210mm vs 250mm WF Ektar

tripspud largeformat@f32.net
Mon Dec 23 08:38:04 2002

Hi Clive,

     My WF Ektar 190mm in it's Ilex No.4 shutter on a board with
cap weighs 635 grams, the WF Ektar 250mm probably even more.
My WF Ektar 135mm weighs almost half, set up similar at
335 grams.

     I still want to get a 250mm lens for 5x7, but maybe the
WF Ektar is too much weight.  For portraits and outdoors
the coverage issue is not that demanding for that focal length.
There are a lot of other choices.

Cheers,

Rich Lahrson
Berkeley, California