[LargeFormat] S'marketing

Skip Roessel largeformat@f32.net
Sun Dec 15 06:42:04 2002

Couldn't agree more.  Everything's marketing, or at least, presentation.  Never
let anyone see any print you don't think is among your best, properly spotted
and dry-mounted, matted and and ideally, framed.  And don't print 8x10 if you
can go to 11x14, or better, 16x20. Don't matte with 4-ply board if you can get
8-ply.

No one paid any attention to my shots when I was showing loose prints, but the
same pictures matted and framed, and suddenly I was a genius.  The presentation
tells the viewer how to feel, how important the work is.  A cue.

As Homer Simson said  while watching TV, "Marge, he's evil!  Listen to the
music!"

It's a big expense.  Now I'm going to rush out, buy a matte cutter, steel ruler,
band-aids, etc. Tell your loved ones your idea of a perfect Christmas present is
a 20x24 portfolio case in genuine pebbled calf or everready pigskin...
Skip

skiproessel@mindspring.com