[LargeFormat] Landscape Masters!!

largeformat@f32.net largeformat@f32.net
Sat Dec 14 00:46:06 2002

In a message dated 12/13/02 9:13:28 PM Pacific Standard Time,
kent_gibbs@yahoo.com writes:

<< Subject matter, new way of looking at the same subjects, same way of
 looking at the same subjects but greater technical skill, marketing of
 the photographs/photographer? >>

Kent,

I think you answered your own question. It's all of the above. We all like to
think of ourselves as unique in some way and we are. So then it's marketing.
Remember that Ansel whom I would have liked to me. Really didn't become
largely financial secure till later in life when I believe it was a student
or assistant he had was very good at marketing. Not that Ansel didn't make
money from his work till then but someone came up with a better marketing
plan that worked. So yes your vision and drive and skill all are important,
but if you can't come up with some type of successful marketing plan you'll
never get your images out of the darkroom and on peoples walls.

Greg Orlando