[LargeFormat] Re: Glue for bellows

Hugh A. Brantner largeformat@f32.net
Sat Dec 14 00:10:58 2002

> Message: 10
> From: Frank Lew <Frank@mufson.net>
> To: largeformat@f32.net
> Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 14:21:57 -0500
> Subject: [LargeFormat] RE: CAMBO 8X10 LEGEND
>
> Hi Y'all,
>
> I just bought a used Cambo 8x10 Legend w/ standard bellow and 25" extended
> monorail at a great price. My question is the bellows front portion of frame
> and bellows is detached and the glue has dried up.  It is in great condition
> but what type of glue should I use to reattach the bellows to the front
> frame.  I thought of using contact cement, but I don't know if it will hold.
> Please help!.  Also,  what is the widest lens I can use with this camera.
> Can I use a 210mm or is 240mm is the widest I can go.
>
> Regards,
>
> Frank L.

In addition to Clive's suggestions for adhesives, I would consider visiting
the auto parts store.  I have used liquid gasket materials to attach bellows
to a couple types of Toyo cameras.  They are black, remain pliable, and
adhere extremely well.  They work well for touching up pinholes as well.

Can't put my hands on a tube right now but I will try to if anyone wants a
specific recommendation.

Regards,

Hugh B.