[LargeFormat] the largeformat list

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Thu Dec 5 12:40:17 2002

At 11:44 am -0500 5/12/02, Jim Hemenway wrote:
snip
>But since I'm already posting, does anyone know what ASA/ISO I should
>apply to the use of enlarging paper when exposed with my 11x14 in
>daylight... I'm thinking about 5 ASA.  I need to test the coverage of
>some process lenses and want to use paper negatives so that I can
>develop them by inspection in trays.

Jim,

ASA 4 or 5 would be good. At that speed and given that you may find
it difficult to fit thick printing paper in the film holder, why not
try lith film? Same sort of speed and you can develop it to give
continuous tones.

Have a look at Cor Breukel's excellent article on this very subject
at http://www.f32.net/cgi-local/discus/show.cgi?93/103

Lith film in the US is inexpensive.

HTH