[LargeFormat] Thornton Pickard Roller Shutters

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Mon Dec 2 19:30:48 2002

At 16:40 02/12/2002 +0000, mark.blackman1@btinternet.com wrote:

> >  from:    Clive Warren
> > Am in the process of reconditioning a Thornton Pickard shutter which has a
> > small air release "bladder" on the business end of the shutter that
> > operates the shutter release bar. It's all fairly simple stuff, however I
> > do need to find a replacement bladder. This bladder is about the size of
> > the tip of your index finger to the first joint and is attached to the air
> > release pipe.
snip

>do you know anyone who works in a hospital, Clive? Some types of catheter
>have a small bladder at the end that is inflated to stop them falling out.
>Try and get a new one!

Mark,

Great lateral thinking. I would have to see one of these bladders but have
the feeling that they are probably made of fairly thin material if they
have to spend some of their time inside the tip of the catheter. The
bladder has to actuate a metal lever on the shutter so a medical catheter
variety would probably be the right size but not up to the job.

More suggestions welcome.