[LargeFormat] filters

Les Newcomer largeformat@f32.net
Mon Nov 25 09:35:20 2002

The best filter holder for gels I've seen is the type that opens like a
book and then closes locking the  gel in between metal frames (with a hole
to shoot through)  these have a standard thread 72mm?? and can be adapted
up or down but I cobbled up a system where I added small struts of wood to
the inside of the lensboard with velcro at the ends.  The wood is just
slightly longer than the rear cell.  With velcro on the gell holder I can
quickly and easily add a filter to any of my lenses without looking for
rings and being inside, there's no chance of stray light hitting the
filter and causing a bad reflection because it wasn't perfectly flat.

Les