[LargeFormat] sheet film developing

Curt Miller largeformat@f32.net
Sat Nov 23 11:50:48 2002

> i recently started shooting 4x5, having acquired a used outfit.
> i tray-processed my first half dozen exposures, but i think i'd
> rather use a daylight tank like i do for 35 and 120 films.
>
> does anyone have any brand-name recommendations for me?

The last thing I want to do is start a flame war on this topic.  Tray
development eliminates so much complication and, when done properly,
provides a gorgeous, even and smooth negative.  Cleanup is so much easier,
too.  Make sure to have the film upside-down in the tray with the notches in
the lower right corner and shuffle from the bottom.  You won't get scratches
with this regimen and cleanup is a snap.  If you move to inspection
development (and you can't say you won't), you only need add the green
safelight in the future.

Curt Miller, M.P.A.
Classic Photography by Miller
B&W Photography - Minox to 8x10