[LargeFormat] Tempel-Tuttle Comet - Shooting Stars Tonight!

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Mon Nov 18 22:43:22 2002

At 6:34 pm -0700 18/11/02, Karl Wolz wrote:
>Schuyler,
>
>Might be rough - peak activity is between 3 and 4 am.
>
>I went up to the four peaks area for the Leonids a few years ago, but
>didn't bring a camera that time.  We laid in one of the dry washes and
>watched them zinging by - "Oooh!  Didja see THAT one?"
>
>Karl Wolz

Karl,

It's 2am here already so not a problem staying up a while longer!

Have posted a photo of the kit ready to throw in the car- it's on the
f32 Discussion Forum at
http://www.f32.net/cgi-local/discus/show.cgi?13/720

7" Aero Ektar and a Graflex View II monorail. The View II is one of
the few cameras that has a completely flat front standard and will
take the huge shutter attached to the Aero Ektar. I had a look
outside about five minutes ago and the cloud has cleared slightly but
not enough. The areas of the sky where the meteor trails will appear
are clouded over.

Hope you peops in Arizona have fun - bet you can guess where I would
like to be this morning.... not barking in the garage either ;-)

Karl - pack that camera in the car and go for it!