[LargeFormat] Noba 5x7 Studio Camera - Shen-Hao Copy?

Les Newcomer largeformat@f32.net
Thu Nov 7 08:52:12 2002

Actually the Noba could be a direct predecessor to the Shen Ho at least
within this definition:
Build a large format studio camera using technology, esthetics and
finishes at least 50 years old.

 From what I remember, the Noba company was based in the US but by only
about 1 mile. The factory was in Mexico and I'm pretty sure they came in
went in the 50s.

Earlier models were finished in the 2D fashion.  This one may have been
painted when the owner found some left overs from the house painters.

The models I've seen were only 5x7  with either 5x7 or 4x5 back.  These
are fairly well built, no Raja but no Gandolfi either.

Les