[LargeFormat] Oh Sheet

Karl Wolz largeformat@f32.net
Tue Nov 5 09:04:01 2002

Brock,

Yep.  And you know what's worse than not knowing whether the film was
exposed or not?  Shooting the same film twice!  BTDT.

Do you ever think about what those beautiful underclothed young ladies
in the 1960's Grossbild mags look like now?

My copies even contained an article on the Scheimplug rule - now that's
being thoughtful, don't you think?

Karl

-----Original Message-----
From: largeformat-admin@f32.net [mailto:largeformat-admin@f32.net] On
Behalf Of Brock Nanson
Sent: Monday, November 04, 2002 11:46 PM
To: largeformat@f32.net
Cc: rstein@bigpond.net.au
Subject: [LargeFormat] Oh Sheet

Well, surprisingly enough, Canada Post came through the other day!  My
prize
for the Oh Sheet contest!  Let me thank Uncle Dick for the prize, which
includes two rstein original prints of some interestingly clad females.
Unfortunately they are unsigned which limit their value on the open art
market.  However the content is classic U. D. which should be
identifiable
by any knowledgeable art appraiser!  Some antique photo magazines
rounded
out the prize... clearly Uncle Dick had my best interests in mind as
they
both contain some rather pretty skin.

Thanks Uncle Dick!

On another note, I was going through the deepfreeze looking for some
sheet
film and came across a ziplock with 4 boxes inside.  Two Velvia, two
Ilford.
Normally I would take an empty box to put the exposed film into when
travelling, so I assumed this was the case.  Sure enough, one Velvia box
was
empty, the other had a few sheets left.  Unfortunately there are sheets
in
both black and white boxes!!  By date, the oldest box has 14 sheets in
it
which suggests they may have been unloaded from 7 holders.  If it was an
odd
number I'd assume it could be unexposed... So I guess I'll have to
process a
sheet and see if there are images to be had.  I don't recall shooting
that
many unaccounted sheets however.

Anyone else outsmart themselves like this?

Brock