[LargeFormat] Oh My Goodness Part II

Mark largeformat@f32.net
Mon Oct 28 08:48:11 2002

A while ago, I taught specialty diving courses.  One of the courses that we
would teach was ice diving.  A big part of ice diving is keeping track of
where the hole in the ice is - and to practice this, we would dive in a
swimming pool with the cover on it.   When diving in a pool with the cover
on, you can adjust your bouyancy so that you are very bouyant, and walk
around, upside down on the cover of the pool - it doesn't take long (5-10)
minutes before your brain convinces you that you are right side up, then you
walk over to your hole, and try stepping out - as you step into the hole,
you feel your foot being pushed back with the pressure getting greater the
deeper you step into the hole - a very wierd feeling!