[LargeFormat] Trouble with calculating F-stop

Les Newcomer largeformat@f32.net
Sun Oct 27 10:22:21 2002

Guy

Those aren't F stops,  those are stops on the Unified System or US stops

There's a complicated mathatical formula to convert, but us photographers
just use  "f16 and US 16 are the same"  You'll notice that on your scale
there is no f11 f22,  they double every stop, fstops double every other.

so   4   8   16   32  64   128
is    8   11  16  22  32    45

so your calculations seem to be correct.  f45=Us128