[LargeFormat] Jobos for 5x7?

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Mon Oct 21 19:14:14 2002

At 08:32 21/10/2002 -0700, Mike Kirwan wrote:
>Frank:
>
>  I have been using my CPE2 Plus for a number of years to develop 35mm, 120
>roll, 4x5, 5x7 and 8x10 film for black & white and E6 processing. I have
>been more than pleased with the results. I have a number of Jobo drums,
>including the 1520, 1530, 2521, 2551 and 2840. The 2840 is a print drum but
>the only difference between that and the 2551 is the holder for the
>chemistry at the lid mechanism. With the exception of the 1520 & 1530 I can
>interchange all the parts using them for film and prints. And as you say as
>long as you do not exceed the 600 ml capacity all should work well.
>
>By the way, I do not believe that Jobo makes replcement motors for the CPE2
>so anyone thinking of getting one used should make sure you get a CPE2 Plus.
>The other must have is the lift...
>
>Mike

Mike,

Now that IS interesting! Have never considered processing 8x10 film in the
Jobo. Which drum do you use and how do you hold the film in the drum?

A problem mentioned somewhere on f32.net in the past associated with 5x7
film development in Jobo print drums is that one chap found there to be
laminar flow problems in the print tanks and he used some ribs to break up
the flow and to keep the film away from the sides of the tank. Do Jobo make
a 5x7 and 8x10 film holder spiral for their tanks?

Cheers,
            Clive (CPE2 and no lift but plenty of trays!)