[LargeFormat] Aero-ektar question

Joseph O'Neil largeformat@f32.net
Sun Oct 20 08:22:01 2002

>Without a comparison, the brownish cast can be difficult to see if you don't
>know what it looks like.   My web page on Aero-Ektars has some comments on
>viewing the color cast:
>http://home.earthlink.net/~michaelbriggs/aeroektar/aeroektar.html    Laying on
>a light table like you did is a good approach.

-snip-

         Actually I did run accross yoru web site in a google search for
aero-ektars, and I enjoyed reading it a lot.  I did do the light table
things,b ut still failed to notice anything.  That in itself does not mean
anything.
         As for the radioactivity, I have a cou0pel friends with access to
much more sensitive equipment than I have access to, so I'll get thelens
tested just to be sure.
         Int he meantime, I have a light tight bag, and I think I will set
the lens donw on a sheet of 400 speed film for a ocupel days, and then
develop the film.  Depending ont eh fogging, if any, shoudl give me a good
idea right there.   a firend of mine many moons ago told me of working in a
building once used for making radium watches and dials during WW2.  One
cupboard always seemed to fog film stored in it.
         To make a long story short, after a few testes and some reseach,
the cupboards were late all ripped out and replaced.
joe

http://www.oneilphoto.on.ca
http://www.multiboard.com/~joneil
"Una salus victus nullam sperare salutem"