[LargeFormat] Aero-ektar question

Joseph O'Neil largeformat@f32.net
Sat Oct 19 13:20:19 2002

Hi All;
I picked up one of those classic 178mm, F2.5 Aero-ektars, complete with red
fitler, in good shape.  No shutter, but Iris, and eveyrthign works
otherwise.  Serial number EM3025 -so that is 1943 if iam correct?
	Anyhow, i only shot B&W, and I have a spare lens board for my 4x5
mono-rail.  I am 99.9% certian this lens will cover 6x6, having read
serveral reports on the web of people using this lens for that format,  and
I am pretty sure about 4x5 as th elens itself says "5x5", but before I do
drill alensboard, does anyone know for sure?
	I did a search on  the net, found many references to this lens, but
nothing to state how much coverage it exactly had.

	Did read lots of neat stuff about "radioactive" glass, but those
radio-active lenses are supposed to have a brownish cast in teh read lens,
and settign thelens ona  light box, I see no cast.  That, and my Civil
Defense geiger counter I obught off ebay (don't ask - impulse buy) fails to
show any readings, but then, that geiger counter was problaly made for when
they dropped big nukes, not small time radiaiton.  :)

thanks much
joe

http://www.oneilphoto.on.ca
http://www.multiboard.com/~joneil
"Una salus victus nullam sperare salutem"