[LargeFormat] Kodak serial numbers

Les Newcomer largeformat@f32.net
Mon Oct 14 01:34:02 2002

I was going on the assumption that they were uncoated because they are
labeled 'Kodak Anastigmat' rather than "ektar" which is what I would have
expected for a lens from '45.  The other odd thing is these both have
machined lensboards the same size as the Mini speed.  Now if memory hasn't
failed me, the Wolley 8" tele-otpar was the only one to fit a mini.  The
254mm 10" Wolley tele would go on the 3x4 as would the 8",  but the 15"
would only go on the 4x5.  I have to wonder if they were really trying to
put a 15" on a mini speed.  If that were the case the rear element would
have to be so strong that I would expect the quality would be, well let's
just say "sub par".  Maybe THAT's why these are KAs and not ektars?!