[LargeFormat] Lens Shades

Frank Filippone largeformat@f32.net
Mon Oct 14 01:03:01 2002

I think you should always use a shade.... and the longest shade that does
not vignette your image....   A clue to this is the really nice shade Linhof
( et al) have on their compendium shades... the actual area that allows
light in ( the aperture of the shade?)  is actually variable using 4
separate parts such that you absolutely get the shade to allow no light in
from stray  sources.... a really excellent idea.....

I also use the rubber generic hoods, cut down ( for $7 you can cut them down
using a pair of scissors) to make the hood a WA hood..... works real
well....

For those using the 450 Fuji-C... a 52mm filtered lens... the Nikkor 135mm
hood from the "old days" fits perfectly and cuts down on the light a
lot.....   it works real well for the 4x5 film, but certainly vignettes the
8x10 world....

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net