[LargeFormat] Max wideangle on Wista 4x5 DX III

Charles Thorsten largeformat@f32.net
Wed Oct 9 15:31:36 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>

> I used a Wisner 4x5 Tech field.  I used a 90mm ( F8 Super Angulon)  lens
and
> found that marginal when using any significant movements.  If the camera
> were used straight on or with very limited rise, fall, etc...., I figure a
> 75mm lens would work well.  The Expedition is a smaller body thicknmess
> camera and would probably acoomodate more movements for the same lenses.

Hmm...I think the Wisner 4x5's have a rather long bellows
draw for long lenses to be used.  18" if I remember correctly?
The bellows might pile up when contracted to use shorter
focal length lenses.  I have a Toyo 45AII metal field camera
with a 13" bellows, and the shortest lens I can use with nearly
full movements is a 75mmf/4.5 Rodenstock.  I wouldn't go any
shorter.

It probably depends how long a bellows the Wista DXIII has.
BTW, I haven't heard of a DXIII.  Did it replace the DXII?

-Charlie