[LargeFormat] photo expedition

john frost largeformat@f32.net
Tue Oct 1 22:59:06 2002

A week ago yesterday, we got up at 2am, and trekked up Mt Baker. Arrived
at Artist's vista parking lot about 6am. Threw the 4x5 kit together and
hiked up the trail a short ways. Took 8 or 9 Provia shots over about an
hour's time.

Got the film back today, five shots were duds. Wonder if the shutter
misfired, or I did. Wasn't all that cold - I did a polaroid or two,
developing thermometer was on 50 degrees. Just tested the shutter in
fridge for last four hours, working fine. I must have forgot to pull the
envelope on the readyloads. Makes a case for filmholders with
black/white sides!!

john (:<)) in the dark again