[LargeFormat] "New" Seneca 5x7

Les Newcomer largeformat@f32.net
Thu Aug 15 11:19:20 2002

If there's a shortcoming to this camera it's the limited bellows.  Since
9" is more or less normal for 5x7, you'll be maxed out with 10-12" lens
for portraits.  If you live or plan to shoot any landscapes, sometimes a
14-15" lens comes in handy.  From the limited photos, I don't think this
was designed to use an extension rail, (didn't see the holes for it) and
at this point I'll assume the bellows will be maxed out with what the
camera has now, so making a set of rails would mean a new set of
bellows, so that's out.

If you do decide on getting longer lenses, then I suggest paying the
money to have an exention box made.  it could be as little as 4" and
effectively adds 4" to the bellows, you put it on between the lensboard
and the camera, It could even employ a packard shutter.

Les.