[LargeFormat] "New" Seneca 5x7

Rich Lahrson largeformat@f32.net
Wed Aug 14 23:48:03 2002

Hi folks!

      I've been shopping for a 5x7 view for the last few months, and yesterday decided
on this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1372325930

     The camera has been refurbished with new bellows and added front movements, Canham

groundglass (perhaps a fresnel, though I doubt it).  The camera is lightweight while
not being
too costly like a Deardorff, Wista or Canham.

    Anyone using the Senecas? Particularly models that have had added movements?

    Now, with the camera on the way, I can look for a lens.  There's 14" of bellows.
Did
this camera take an extension track?  I'd like to be able to get to 1:1, so a lens of
about
7 inches seems about right from my experience.  I don't need a hugh image circle, but
enough
for some corrective movements of perspective and focus.  Suggestions welcome!   Also,
if list members have something that maybe suitable, please contact me off list.

    Also, any webpages that profile large format glass?

    I'll post here again in a few weeks when I have the camera.

Thanks!

Rich Lahrson
Berkeley, California
tripspud@transbay.net