[LargeFormat] Pyro Tips Wanted

Robert g. Hall largeformat@f32.net
Tue Jul 30 18:28:14 2002

Quoting Clive Warren <cocam@blueyonder.co.uk>:

> Infrared -  there are a couple of boxes of HSI 45 in the freezer and
> the rest is MACO as you guessed.
>

> Gary, good to hear from you. Thought you had taken your kit out into
> the wilderness areas of Utah and got lost ;-)  Am keeping busy here
> and disappointed that Utah will not be on the list of places to visit
> this year...... Do you have any of your MACO IR pyro developed photos
> on the web?
>
> Thanks again and any more tips welcomed.
>
> Cheers,
>         Clive

I've got a print scan of one of my 8x10 Maco IR negs (done in pyro, of course) at the following....

http://www.RobertHallPhotography.com/cajon500.jpg

and a larger one at

http://www.RobertHallPhotography.com/cajon.jpg

It really saves my highlights from bullet-proofing.

I almost hate to say it, but I like the Maco results better than the HIE. They both have their place but too much I see IR used as the reason to take the image, not as a tool to enhance a great shot. (MO & YMMV).

I use an 89b on the above exposed at 2ASA (2 secs at f/32, no reciprocity correction). Developed in 2+4+100 Pyro, 11 min, 70F, Jobo processor.

And you always have a place to crash in Utah, just let me know.

RGH

Robert Gary Hall
Robert Hall Photography
www.RobertHallPhotography.com