[LargeFormat] Toyo 45CF

Alex Le Heux largeformat@f32.net
Sun Jul 28 10:52:01 2002

> When I'm in Tokyo I am certain I'll find a 45CF somewhere in Shinjuku.
> Maybe they'll let me fondle it or even take pictures of it in compromising
> positions... If so, I'll post my findings to the list :)

So now I am in the land of amazing food, friendly people and large format
in every camera store and not to forget: the home of the Yodabashi tune!

I've seen the 45CF and held it in my hands, and unfortunately I have to
report that it is mostly plastic. It feels very cheap and not very strong,
even though it'll probably bounce when dropped. It was not at all very
cheap at 140k yen. For $400 I might consider it, as it really is extremely
light.

No way it could ever replace my MPP though. But I'm sure I'll think
differently on tuesday when I climb mount Fuji with the MPP strapped to my
back...

Sayonara,

Alex

--
"The difference between men and boys is the speed of their toys..."
		- Motul ad in Motor Magazine