[LargeFormat] LensBoards

Alan Davenport largeformat@f32.net
Sun Jul 21 23:27:07 2002

>Can someone please measure the size of the Cambo 4x5 Lensboards?  Or, better
>yet, does anyone know if the Cambo standard flat LB is the same size as some
>other manufacturers'?  I think it is the same as a TOYO, but I am not
>sure.....

The Cambo boards are a bit more than just flat. There's
a slot in the back that has a mating ridge on the camera
standard; the two interlock to form a light trap.

Overall dimensions of the board: 162mm X 162mm X 3mm.
The slot is roughly 3mm wide X 2mm deep, its outer edge
is 17mm from the edge of the board.

FWIW, I have made a couple of perfectly serviceable
boards for my Calumet (uses Cambo boards) from 1/8"
birch aircraft plywood, routed the slot 3/16" wide
(that's what I had) by 1/16" deep and they fit
perfectly.

  ___    ____________       ____________    ___
|   |__|            |     |            |__|   |
|___________________|     |___________________|

  _______________   _________   _______________
|               |_|         |_|               |
|    _____________________________________    |
|   | ___________________________________ |   |
|   ||                                   ||   |
|   ||                                   ||   |
|   ||                                   ||   |
|   ||                                   ||   |
|   ||                                   ||   |
|   ||                                   ||   |
|   ||                                   ||   |
|   ||                                   ||   |
|   ||                                   ||   |
|   ||                ___                ||   |
|   ||               /   \               ||   |
|   ||              |     |              ||   |
|   ||              |     |              ||   |
|   ||               \___/               ||   |
|   ||                                   ||   |