[LargeFormat] Cooke Lenses - Suggestions for Future Models?

Marco Milazzo largeformat@f32.net
Thu Jul 18 10:49:05 2002

There seems to be some question of whether there's much of a market for a
$3,500 portrait lens, but I've worked in places -- and maybe you have,
too -- where, if you told the Boss, that a $3,500 lens would make the Board
of Directors look good, and disguise the CEO's liver spots, the check would
be cut the next day -- but only if it was too late THAT day.

I've also worked in places where the Boss announced, "We have $20,000 left
in the budget.  Spend it by 5 PM.  I don't care what you get -- just spend
it or we'll lose it."

(And if you had to be a real photographer to buy expensive equipment, a lot
of doctors would have to hand in their Leicas).

Marco