[LargeFormat] Wollensak Velostigmat Series II Soft Focus Lens

Clive Warren largeformat@f32.net
Mon Jul 15 04:53:01 2002

At 18:20 14/07/02 -0600, Marco Milazzo wrote:
>Clive,
>
>Thanks for that interesting information on Hurrell. I haven't unsed my
>lenses yet because I'm waiting for film holders, but when I have something
>presentable, I'll post it (with fear and trembling, I'm sure, because I'm a
>rank beginner).
>
>It wouldn't surprise me to see a revival of some type of pictorialism.  You
>may know that Cooke is about to roll out a new 229mm, f/4.5 Soft Focus Lens
>for 4x5 format.  See this link:
>
>http://www.cookeoptics.com/
>
>Marco

Marco,

Go for it - am sure that you will have fun using the Veritos. One thing I
didn't ask was the format you'll be using - are we talking larger than 4x5?

As for a pictorialism revival - that's an interesting notion!  Given the
growing interest in alt processes we could see a revival  of many early
photographic methods and processes. Perhaps this will be the way to keep
film alive in the future and rediscover more of the magic that we have  in
large format photography. Am sure that there are many people on the list
who already use alt processes.......

Yep, I had heard about the new Cooke soft focus lens, in fact there is a an
article about the history of Cooke on the f32.net web site at
http://www.f32.net/Services/Equipment/Lenses/cooke.html   Cooke have very
kindly provided one of the new PS945 soft focus lenses for demonstration at
the f32 UK Fall Workshop.  I am visiting the factory in Leicester this
Thursday so will be taking some photos if possible!

Am very interested in how your Veritos perform when your film holders
arrive. Please keep us informed.