[LargeFormat] Need recommendations for a 4X5 enlarger lens

Joseph O'Neil largeformat@f32.net
Sun Jul 7 09:10:04 2002

>I have an old 162mm Wollensak, but I'm not sure it's as good as modern
>lenses.  Can you recommend a current enlarging lens -- Schneider, Rodagon,
>El Nikkor?  Are the APO- lenses worth the extra cost?

         I had one of those and i am sorry I got rid of it.  Modern
coatings are much superior on newer lenses, but all things considered, it's
not a bad lens at all.  as for new lenses, i use Componon-S form
Schneider.  Not sure if they are the "best" or not, but I do like them
overall in every way.
joe

http://www.oneilphoto.on.ca
http://www.multiboard.com/~joneil
"Una salus victus nullam sperare salutem"