[LargeFormat] Moving to 8x10 (was Re: Bergger 200 Film Speeds)

Hornford, Dave largeformat@f32.net
Wed Jul 3 11:35:21 2002

My wife has made the observation that an advantage of a husband with a
penchant for riskier wilderness activity divorce wouldn't be necessary -
why settle for part of what the lawyers don't want when an insurance
settlement will top everything up? I have taken note, and will decline
all gifts of climbing equipment, glacier travel gear, motorcycles, hang
gliders, ultra-light aircraft, submarines, parachutes and military
surplus jet aircraft...

Dave Hornford
"Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God you
learn."
   --- C. S. Lewis

-----Original Message-----
From: rstein [mailto:rstein@bigpond.net.au]=20

    Of course I shall observe the niceties of family social behavoiur -
you mentioned that you will be going to the point of divorce. Whether
this is because of the expenses of the art ( What? You want food again,
Wife? This is the second time this month.) or little indiscetions in the
studio  Honest, Dear, I just fell on her accidently. 84 times.) or even
artistic matters ( See how big this new lens makes your butt look, Dear?
Dear?) is irrelevant. Divorce is a perfectly healthy and natural state
for a large format photographer. Quieter than its cousin, Murder, and
more socially acceptable. Try to get custody of the enlarger, if you
can.