[LargeFormat] RE: IR filters

Marc Falcone largeformat@f32.net
Mon Jun 24 17:09:54 2002

Hello Clive,

You can see all the Schott glass filters spectral curves at

http://www.noao.edu/kpno/filters/sgt.html

Here is the exact address for the RG-9:

http://www.noao.edu/kpno/filters/sgt/127_sm.gif

The left part of the curve likes that of RG-715, (or rather "RG-720") except
that it doesn't turn toward shorter wavenlenths as the RG-715 does, but
keeps the wavenlenght even up to density 5. It's for this reason that RG-9
is suitable for direct IR viewing.
My photos are not yet available on the net at this time.

Marc